Integrated Lawn & Tree Care specializes in providing Xeriscape Care for homes in the Colorado Springs area. Our Xeriscape Care Experts often get asked questions like, “What plants do you recommend for my Xeriscape landscaping?”
Since our customers ask for it, here it is! This is a list of 5 plants that are commonly used in Xeriscape landscaping in Colorado – with a brief discussion of the reason these plants are used:
- Yarrow – These native perennials are extremely drought resistant and require almost no watering once they have taken hold in your landscaping. Yarrow plants comes in a variety of colors, and they produce flowers on tall stalks throughout the summer, providing color to your xeriscape landscaping.
- Apache Plume – These large native deciduous shrubs are extremely hardy and disease and drought resistant. Their whitish stems and branches are accented by the single white flowers that are produced in mid-summer, followed by rose and pink colored plumes. The shrub keeps some of its leaves in the winter, making the tree even more versatile.
- Mojave Sage – These large perennial shrubs produce purplish-blue flowers throughout the summer, which along with their silver-green foliage, makes them a popular choice for xeriscapes in Colorado. They also remain semi-evergreen throughout the winter, are drought and disease resistant, and can withstand high temperatures while still flourishing.
- Prairie Winecups – This native perennial produces a large number of cup shaped wine-red colored flowers from spring through summer. The plant grows in a low mound of trailing stems that are covered with large round dark green leaves. Prairie Winecups requires little care and is extremely drought resistant.
- Coral Bells – These extremely hearty plants produce leaves that come in a variety of colors and hues, ranging from light green to burgundy to blue and silvery green. Coral Bells produce flowers of many colors as well, ranging from white to red. These plants grow well in shade and partial sun, making them a great xeriscape plant for more shaded areas.
Integrated Lawn & Tree can provide additional recommendations and on-site guidance to proactively care for your Xeriscape landscaping. We provide weed control services, help with watering, and other xeriscape maintenance services for your unique landscaping.
We’d love to talk to you more about your xeriscape landscaping – and how we can help you make it even better.