Here is our list of the most important lawn care steps to follow in order to prepare and maintain your landscape for winter, as well as protect and maintain it during the winter months:
- Turn off and winterize the irrigation system.
- Mow the lawn a final time at a height of 2.5–3 inches. Always mulch your leaves into the lawn, if possible.
- Begin watering the lawn one or two times per month with a garden hose and sprinkler. This can start as soon as you turn the system off for winter.
- Apply a good winterizer fertilizer to promote health and good root growth.
- Spray for mites once a month to prevent winter kill.
- Water trees and shrubs on a monthly basis.
- Wrap your thin-barked trees, such as Maple trees.
- Have your lawn mower professionally serviced to ensure it’s in great condition for the next season.
Should you find yourself in need of help with any law care, we would be more than happy to lend a hand. Here at Integrated Lawn & Tree Care, our technicians can winterize sprinklers, apply fertilizer, apply a mite treatment, and tune up your mower so you can sit back and enjoy your holidays!