Frequently Asked Questions
We know that our clients, as well as prospective clients, often have more detailed questions about our services, which is why we have put together this guide with some of the most frequently asked questions we have encountered. If you still have questions or concerns, or simply did not find an answer, please feel free to reach out to us either via the contact form or at 719-528-5296.
What is considered an “add-on” service apart from the Lawn Health Program?
- Organic Lawn Air-8 (recommended at twice per year in the Spring & Fall, can also be performed in the summer).
- Off Lawn Bed Area weed control service
- Includes a pre-emergent in the spring and then free service calls to spray weeds anytime during the season
- Winter Mite reduction sprays. This will help reduce the pressure from winter mites that can damage the lawn.
- Slit Seeding is a process of seeding the yard to repair any damaged areas
- Fungicide applications to control select diseases. This is a case-by-case service to help reduce or control certain diseases in the lawn.
What if I want to meet with a technician to look at my yard?
Once you receive your estimate and accept it, we will get your first service scheduled. As part of the onboarding process, you have the option to meet with a technician to assess your yard and provide you with any additional recommendations as necessary. Although it is not required to meet with him, if you have specific questions this is a great opportunity to walk your yard with him and assess your starting point. We are confident that whatever issues you are experiencing we will be able to address. Adhering to our watering guidelines, preventing pests and disease, and proper fertilization and weed control can bring your lawn a long way. If you have any questions after your first treatment, please contact our office and we will be happy to help!
How often are treatments scheduled for the lawn health program?
Depending on the time of year, the condition of the lawn, and when you sign up to begin services, treatments will occur between 4 – 6 weeks apart. This is how we guarantee our weed control so it is very important to stay on schedule. Programs include 6 treatments per year, so we will never charge you for more than what you sign up for unless an add on service is explicitly authorized by you.
What is included with my service?
Integrated Lawn Care’s lawn health programs are designed to include treatment of the most common threats to turf health. We offer 4 different package options: Essentials, Premier, Premier Organic, and Complete.
- ESSENTIALS – This program will provide the essential nutrients your lawn needs for the different growing seasons while also keeping the lawn free of weeds. We will visit a total of 6 times at an interval of every 4-6 weeks.
- PREMIER – Our premier program includes our essential lawn program but also adds spring and fall services of biological AIR-8 to aid in moisture absorption into the soil.
- PREMIER ORGANIC – Our premier organic program bundles our omni-certified organic fertilizer p.rogram, consisting of 6 treatments every 4-6 weeks to apply the fertilizer but does not include any weed control for the lawn. Enjoy the added benefit of spring and fall services of biological AIR-8 to aid in moisture absorption into the soil.
- COMPLETE – Our complete lawn program includes all the great benefits of our Essential program with 6 visits every 4-6 weeks. Enjoy the added benefit of spring and fall services of biological AIR-8 to aid in moisture absorption into the soil. Goes one step further to provide winter applications that prevent devastating winter mite damage.
Do I need to be home in order for a technician to treat my lawn?
You do not need to be home at the time of service. Please be sure you leave your gate unlocked and pets are left indoors if you know we are planning to visit. If you have specific questions about anything going on in your lawn, please contact our office prior to your service so that we can best address these concerns during your planned visit. Please reference your after-service email for feedback on your lawn regularly.
Am I locked into a contract once I sign up for your services?
We do not require signed contracts; however, we do not perform one-time services or function as an as-needed service. Our timing is intentional and based on 10+ years of experience with common turf-related issues for our area. We want to show you the value of our lawn program and for you to be happy. Turning an unhealthy lawn around takes several months or more in some cases. Please have patience with your lawn and its progress if it has a long way to go. If you are less than satisfied, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can discuss and make things right. If you move or decide you would like to cancel, we ask that you notify us in writing as the services are set to renew from season to season for your convenience. Some promotions may include specific terms, for instance, if you receive a free application, we ask for a verbal commitment to the entire program
How can I pay for my services?
We offer a few easy payment options:
- Credit card autopay or automatic draft from your checking account via ACH transfer after each service is performed.
- Equal monthly installments billed to your credit card or ACH on the 1st of each month (now through December).
- We offer a 4% discount for prepaying for 2021 services upfront.
Do you offer:
- Bed weed spraying? Yes, we offer pre-emergent treatments and free service calls to spray for weeds anytime during the season.
- Bed weeding? No, but we are happy to make a referral!
- Tree and shrub spraying for insects? Yes, we have a certified Arborist on our team that can design a custom tree & shrub care program.
- Irrigation services? No, but we are happy to make a referral!
- Treatment for Borers? Yes.
- Treatment for diseases on trees/shrubs? Yes.
- Tree Consulting? Yes.
Do you perform core aeration?
Integrated Lawn Care is always striving to be on the leading edge in our industry. With advancements in the lawn care market, we’re proud to offer a solution that works better and is more convenient for you. We’re thrilled to announce our innovative aeration technique called “Organic Air-8.” This natural and biological approach to the old, out-of-date traditional aeration does more to create the same benefits. The best part is you no longer need to flag sprinkler heads, no more aeration plugs left behind all over your yard, no more healing time, and better results! Organic Air-8 is safe for new sod and includes aeration of hard-to-reach areas like the strip of grass between the sidewalk and street and sloped areas which are otherwise omitted with core aeration. Furthermore, with core aeration, loosening the soil is restricted to where the tines remove cores, which is only about 2-3 inches deep. “Organic Air-8” uses humates and carbon to loosen the soil and create air exchange deep within the soil, which allows air, water, and nutrients to get down in the soil profile. A lawn with deeper roots is more drought-tolerant, needs less frequent irrigation, and is thicker and healthier!
Does Integrated Lawn Care perform a one-time service?
We do not offer one-time lawn treatment services. Our lawn care services are a culmination of a comprehensive lawn management program that is designed to maintain a healthy lawn free of damaging insects, weeds, and diseases. One-time services do not yield long-lasting results because weeds are constantly germinating and soils lack the proper nutrients to allow plants to thrive long term.
Do you have to do all 6 treatments, or do you have anything with fewer visits?
We offer a budget program that includes 4 treatments per year. Treatments are NOT quarterly. Partial programs include fewer fertilization visits for the year, basic weed control, which only includes broadleaf weeds, we can’t guarantee weed control, nor do we include the benefit of free service calls with the partial program. Our full program is much more comprehensive and the results are much better. Discounts are not applicable to partial programs.
Is it safe for my children and animals to be in the yard after a treatment?
The safety of family and pets is of the utmost importance to us! We will always send a trained professional to your lawn and we only use the safest products we are able to source. By applying them correctly, we eliminate the possibility of overusing or misusing any pesticides or weed control products. This is one of the biggest benefits of using our service! For best results, we ask you to allow the treatment 1-2 hours without disturbances to be sure that the weed control can dry. After that, it is perfectly fine to go about a normal routine in the yard! Our technicians leave behind a door hanger with the time of your treatment listed and it is also indicated in your after-service email.
I have had a couple of treatments but I still have weeds. What’s going on?
Weeds are germinating throughout the year and become strong and flourish in the summertime. Our goal is to minimize weeds as much as possible using strategically timed pre-emergent treatments. Broadleaf weeds are the most common weeds and easiest to control, grassy weeds tend to be stronger and more resilient and may require extra attention. We are happy to set up a service call to treat the weeds at no additional charge as long as you are on a full program, 2 weeks from your most recent service. If weeds are a major concern for you, please delay mowing 1-2 days following your service or service call to allow that product as much time as possible to treat weeds.
How does mowing fit into all of this? What if my mowers are scheduled to come?
Integrated Lawn Care does NOT perform mowing services. If you are in need of a mowing company, please let us know and we are happy to refer someone. If you have a mowing service, please let us know if they come on a certain day and we will note that on your account. This does NOT guarantee that your service will not be scheduled that day, but if we are aware of the mowing day, we are able to accommodate so that the lawn is mowed before we treat it or we will reschedule.
Mowing is an essential task that greatly affects the health of the lawn. During the growing season, it is imperative that your lawn is mowed on a consistent (weekly) basis. Neglecting to mow on a consistent basis allows weeds to become strong and difficult to control, and negatively affects the health of the turf. An example of this is the buildup of thatch that occurs when the lawn is not mowed on a regular basis. In Kentucky Bluegrass lawns, this behavior can lead to fungal issues that otherwise may not exist. Regardless of your grass type, heavy grass clippings are never ideal and can cause areas to die back.
For all treatments, it is perfectly fine for the lawn to be mowed before we visit unless your specific concern is weeds, Then we would ask to delay mowing until 24 – 48 hours after the service.
After our treatment, we recommend holding off 1-2 days before mowing for best results with weed control. This is not always possible, and we understand that. If your mowers are scheduled to come and we have recently treated, water in your treatment prior to mowing.
If your mowers come unexpectedly after our visit and they leave the grass clippings on the lawn, your treatment was not wasted! Water in the treatment ASAP to work the product down into the thatch layer.
If your lawn is mowed before the treatment can be watered in, simply monitor your lawn and contact us after 2 weeks if you feel like a follow-up weed service call is necessary.